Conjunctive adverbs 1
Choose the correct conjunctive adverb to complete each of the following sentences:
1. I need to make more money; ________________, I won't be able to buy a new car.
2. We wanted to adopt a female dog; ________________, we adopted a male one.
3. Carl hates his job; ________________, he goes to work every morning.
4. She was running for the bus; ________________, it left early, so she had to get the next one.
5. The CEO was caught embezzling money; ________________, it came as no surprise that he got fired.
6. She treated him quite badly; ________________, he loved her very much.
7. My mother is quite short; ________________, my father is almost seven feet tall.
8. I'm good at learning languages; ________________, my brother has no problem learning a new language quickly.
9. He could have shaken his hand; ________________, he just waved.
10. They always treated her with respect; ________________, they used to lend her money when she was broke.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER SITES:
CONTACT US: questions (at) englishliteracysite (dot) com
(c) 2016-2020 EnglishLiteracySite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.