Conjunctive adverbs 2
Choose the correct conjunctive adverb to complete each of the following sentences:
1. The board members rejected his proposal; ________________, he quit his job.
2. David didn't go out because he had a headache; ________________, he was feeling nauseous from all the food he had eaten.
3. Lisa's boss and all her co-workers tried to convince her to speak at the conference; ________________, she refused.
4. Steve wants to go on vacation; ________________, he can't because he has too much work to do.
5. I don't like that color of paint; ________________, that paint is too expensive.
6. It started to rain pretty heavily; ________________, most people stayed in their seats.
7. My aunt is a very stingy person; ________________, her husband doesn't like spend too much of his money.
8. Mrs. Johnson didn't clean the house herself; ________________, she got someone else to do it.
9. Dennis was preparing dinner; ________________, his wife was sleeping in the other room.
10. He's grumpy and arrogant, and most people hate him; ________________, he's a very good friend.
(Your answers will be displayed in a new window)
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER SITES:
CONTACT US: questions (at) englishliteracysite (dot) com
(c) 2016-2020 EnglishLiteracySite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.