ENGLISH VOCABULARY PRACTICE
SAT/Grade 12 vocabulary 2
Complete each of the following sentences using one of these words:
abide, copious, fickle, plethora, sophomoric, lavish, wistful, dearth, resilient, subjugate
1. He invested
amounts of money ( = a lot of money) in this business.
2. The band's
lyrics will not appeal to anyone intelligent.
3. Listening to sad music always puts me in a
4. The rebellion occurred after authorities failed to
5. There is a
( = an abundance) of good, young writers in Los Angeles right now.
6. Robert's lawyer made it clear that Robert should
by the committee's decision.
7. Not many people can come back to work after going through what she went through, but she's a very
8. Instead of wasting his money on
jewelry and fancy clothes, he donated most of it to a local animal shelter.
9. Sally is really
. It usually takes her at least half an hour to choose something from a restaurant menu.
( = scarcity) of open-minded individuals in this city depressed him.
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER SITES:
CONTACT US: questions (at) englishliteracysite (dot) com
(c) 2016-2020 EnglishLiteracySite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.