BUILDING LITERACY SKILLS
Choose the correct word to complete each sentence:
was on sale.
, we believe that the unemployment rate will continue to drop.
2. He was on a
, making everyone laugh and clap for the duration of his performance.
3. He works for a famous New York
4. Rita took the Spanish
that I told her about.
5. She could already hear the
6. He tried to smooth out the
the day that she met him.
8. Jim wanted to put the whole
affair behind him.
9. Sarah bought a shake; I bought a
10. There was a lot of thunder and
, but no rain.
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER SITES:
CONTACT US: questions (at) englishliteracysite (dot) com
(c) 2016-2020 EnglishLiteracySite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.