HIGH SCHOOL ENGLISH
Identify redundant words and phrases 3
Choose the word (or words) that are redundant in each of the sentences below:
ex: He called me at 6:00 AM
in the morning
. ("in the morning" is redundant because "AM" already means "in the morning")
1. The basic fundamentals of chemistry are fun to learn.
2. The two companies merged together last year.
3. The board failed to come to a consensus of opinion before midnight.
4. The population of the neighborhood is estimated at roughly 100,000.
5. The government wants to introduce taxes on foreign imports in order to boost sales of domestic cars.
6. After they realized that the new website was broken, they reverted back to the old one.
7. Wow! What an unexpected surprise!
8. Jim had quite a difficult dilemma on his hands.
9. The teacher managed to separate the two kids apart before they started to fight.
10. Those buns are square, but the ones my mom makes are round in shape.
Back to list of exercises
OUR OTHER SITES:
CONTACT US: questions (at) englishliteracysite (dot) com
(c) 2016-2020 EnglishLiteracySite.com (a division of LearnEnglishFeelGood.com). All rights reserved. Please read our
before sharing our content.